a place where thought's inside the box can't reach and thought's outside the box simply miss

Monday, October 11, 2010

Future Questions :Time Travel Paradox

Have you ever watched "back to the future"? Of course you do. When the boy gets on his super speed car and go back in time to see his past but then he's trapped and wanted to go back to the future. Now we're not going to talk about the movie though. We're gonna talk about this awesome question "Is time travel really possible?"

First definition. What the heck is time travel anyways. My opinion though time travel is when you either go back to the past or to the future. Hmm, after we went back to the past or to the future, then what? Will we still be in the same place? The same exact spot where the we "warped" from? To answer that I think we'll have to figure out HOW to timetravel (TT for short)

Well we know the fastest thing found so far is light right? Well then what if we travel faster than light? I know it's still impossible to do that cause in order to do that our mass should be zero. Or well near zero. I imagine myself when going faster than light, I could actually see what's happening even before I was there. So it's like I'm seeing myself in the past few moments. Well If that's really "how" you'll travel through time in the future then TT didn't just change the time you're in. But also where your ass was. Hmmm nice I made a theory myself.

But if I do that, will I be able to change the course of history. Like for instance I went faster than the speed of light. Suddenly a meteor hit me. I WAS faster than light yes? So I would actually see myself crash the meteor. Will I be able to push myself and just let the meteor woosh by? Hopefully yes -_- I still don't know. You guys have any idea how this works?

The other questions that really bugged me though is this. If I go back in time, and I met my mother before she met my father (meaning they aren't married and my mother wasn't pregnant hopefully -,-) And for some experimental reason; uhm well, I kill her. Would I still exist? What happened to my mother in the future where I come from? I've even made 3 theories on this

Theory 1
I would simply "disappear". Because my mother's dead. And my brothers and sister too. Even my mother in the future would just dissolve in thin air. Simple huh?

Theory 2
I still would exist, my brothers and sisters too. Even my mother. But suppose I was from 2010 and killed my mother in 1980. Between those gap I, my brothers and sisters and my mom would just disappear. They still exist. But they exist in another dimensions of nothingness waiting to be thrown back to real world in 2010. Getting complicated? Check out theory 3 then!

Theory 3
I would still exist, my brothers and sisters too. But sadly not my mom. Cause in the future I'll have another mom. Well yeah maybe my face and skin tone would change a bit because of genes that my "new" mom inherited, but I still exist. Think of it this way. Suppose you want to go to France from Switzerland. Then you go there by train for example. And then you go back in time and jammed the train. You will still be able to go to France by plane, or by car, or walking. The bottom line is you will BE in France. Same thing with mother. Either your mother's an asian or latino or brunette, you will still BE here.

Ok guys that was my theories of Time travel. Got any other theories? Just comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Time Travel isn't possible! Hyperspeed maybe possible since you can't reverse the speed of light, but maybe we can be much faster than the speed of light that makes it look like stopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you start talking about matters of the existence of multiple dimensions in a time-travel discussion, well it is something that becomes quite messy and I assure you anybody with enough knowledge and good understanding of these two factors could make a good amount of pages for a paper. So, the thing is that you are not really the first one to come up with all of these theories. Many people thought about this already. Ahahaha!

    And, I suppose that if you kill your mother you would kill yourself and you would not exist and you would just disappear. Nothing can start before its trigger for the starting starts yet.

    You wouldn't get another mother instead if you were to kill your mother in the past. Because there obviously there wouldn't be anything to replace something there... Thing is, dimensions until now... don't seem to intertwine each other. You wouldn't get another mother because that is the only person that was given the role as your mother.

    You'd kill yourself in that particular dimension.
    You might be living in another one. But not really.

    ReplyDelete